[Airship-discuss] Armada API connectivity to Tiller (proxy problem)

Evgeny L eli at mirantis.com
Wed Dec 12 21:54:54 UTC 2018

 Hi,

I've been working on getting behind the proxy configuration for AIAB to
work [1] and I stumbled across a problem related to GRPC [2], which does
not support CIDR notation for no_proxy entries, this make Armada API to
fail to connect to Tiller, because it tries to use proxy configured with
environment variables.

While looking for a solution other than doing some manual reconfiguration
[2], I started to have the following questions:

   1. Why does Shipyard uses [4] Tiller Pod IP? Can we create a ClusterIP
   and use a DNS name?
   2. Why Shipyard is the one who provides Armada API with Tiller IP
   address? If we do 1st we can possibly make endpoint a part of Armada API
   configuration. Or is Armada API supposed to work with multiple Tillers at
   the same time?

Any feedback and historical background would be really helpful!

Thanks,

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/624122/
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/624504/2/manifests/dev_minimal/README.rst