[Airship-discuss] OpenStack Community Meeting - October 10 - Strategic Area Governance Update

Chris Hoge chris at openstack.org
Thu Oct 4 21:26:03 UTC 2018

Following the interest in the first OpenStack Foundation community
meeting, where we discussed the OpenStack Rocky release as well as quick
updates from Kata, Airship, StarlingX and Zuul, we want to keep the
community meetings going. The second community meeting will be October 10
at 8:00 PT / 15:00 UTC, and the agenda is for Jonathan Bryce and Thierry
Carrez to share the latest plans for strategic project governance at the
Foundation. These updates will include the process for creating new
Strategic Focus Areas, and the lifecycle of new Foundation supported
projects. We will have an opportunity to share feedback as well as a
question and answer session at the end of the presentation.

For a little context about the proposed plan for strategic project
governance, you can read Jonathan’s email to the Foundation mailing list:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2018-August/002617.html

This meeting will be recorded and made publicly available. This is part
of our plan to introduce bi-weekly OpenStack Foundation community meetings
that will cover topics like Foundation strategic area updates, project
demonstrations, and other community efforts. We expect the next meeting
to take place October 24 and focus on the anticipated StarlingX release.
Do you have something you'd like to discuss or share with the community?
Please share them with me so that I can schedule them for future meetings.

OpenStack Community Meeting - Strategic Area Governance Update
Date & Time: October 10, 8:00 PT / 15:00 UTC
Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/312447172
Agenda: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-community-meeting

Thanks!