[Airship-discuss] Postgresql timing out on install

Roman Gorshunov paye600 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:47:42 UTC 2018

Nick,

I would try to destroy VM, launch a new one, restart the process, and
see if it helps. The run takes approximately 1h20min on a VM on my
laptop, and whenever I run from scratch - I get it working (for the
past few months).
  sudo -i
  mkdir -p /root/deploy && cd "$_"
  git clone https://git.openstack.org/openstack/airship-in-a-bottle
  cd /root/deploy/airship-in-a-bottle/manifests/dev_single_node
  ./airship-in-a-bottle.sh
In case it still fails, try to collect logs of failing
pods/deployments, and post them to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ (it
accepts super long text documents).
You may also reach out to us at irc://#airshipit@freenode. I'm in EU,
and channel becomes more active during US working hours. Someone would
definitely tell you what commands to run and what to check.

Here is a [WIP] follow-up patch set with additional info being printed
on ./airship-in-a-bottle.sh script completion. I will continue working
on it tomorrow.
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/605827/

Note: vagrant-based launch is broken at the moment, I will check and
hopefully fix it later.

Best regards,
--
Roman Gorshunov