[Airship-discuss] Cloud init script generator for airshipctl

Dmitry Ukov dukov at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 28 06:55:47 UTC 2019

Hello all,

Since we a re moving to Ironic-based bare metal provisioning using
metal3-io we need to implement solution for cloud-init script creation
based on new document model.
There is Golang library and cli tool [1] shared by Alan Meadows recently.
We can leverage it in scope of airshipctl.
Unfortunately it supports only Ubuntu, Debian, Centos, Fedora and Redhat.
So I see 2 options here:

   1. Use this library and try to contribute to it by adding more Linux
   distributions
   2. Reimplement same approach as a part of airshipctl codebase

What do you think?

[1] https://github.com/moshloop/konfigadm

--
Kind regards