[Airship-discuss] Any interest in IPMI+SMASH support in Airship 2.0

GU, JAMES ji5690 at att.com
Tue Dec 17 00:18:25 UTC 2019

Hello All,

Airship bootstrap 2.0 leverages Redfish in baremetal provisioning. I had briefly worked on adding the IPMI support for older generation of hardware that does not support Redfish. The work was based on specific requirement from a community member who had pulled out recently from OpenStack. It's still work in progress. I am curious to poll the community 1) if there is continued interest/value for IPMI support in the Airship 2.0; 2) if there is any interest in contributing in this area in any form, development, testing, hardware, docs etc.

Thanks,

James Gu