[Airship-discuss] [airship] Is Ironic ready for Airship?

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Thu Jun 6 11:53:37 UTC 2019

Hi Guoyong,

MaaS is the bare metal management tooling that’s currently used by Airship (1.x), but we have long wanted to Integrate Ironic for provisioning.  At the Open Infra PTG in Denver, we fleshed out our Airship 2.0 roadmap, and have decided to achieve that integration by using the metal3 project [1], which is under active development and which will expose bare metal provisioning via the Kubernetes Cluster API [2].

We’re drilling down on design for that (and other Airship 2.0 scope) in our twice-weekly design calls - if you’d like to join to discuss Ironic you are most welcome, and can find details on our wiki [3].  Links to recordings for previous discussions are captured in the design call agenda etherpad [4].  You can also add discussion topics to the agenda ahead of time.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Matt

[1] https://metal3.io
[2] https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Airship#Design_Call_-_Twice-weekly