[Airship-discuss] Airship in a Bottle Install Failing at Horizon

COTTON, CLAYTON cc888p at att.com
Fri Sep 6 14:18:20 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'm working on Airship deployment using Airship in a Bottle (AIAB). I've been struggling to get the AIAB script to complete successfully across multiple VMs (both remotely on Google Cloud and locally on VirtualBox).

Would anyone be able to assist in troubleshooting my install? I'll include a short summary of my issue below.

On a fresh Ubuntu Server 16.04 VM, the script runs without error for over an hour. Then, near what I assume is the end, it prints the following:

Performing basic sanity checks by creating heat stacks

+ pushd /root/deploy/treasuremap/..//treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab/common/
~/deploy/treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab/common ~/deploy/treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab
+ bash test_create_heat_stack.sh
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
curl is already the newest version (7.47.0-1ubuntu2.13).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
~/deploy/treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab ~/deploy/treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab/common
Creating KeyPair
+ popd
~/deploy/treasuremap/tools/deployment/aiab
+ publish_horizon_dashboard
+ kubectl -n openstack expose service/horizon-int --type=NodePort --name=horizon-dashboard
Error from server (NotFound): services "horizon-int" not found
+ error 'publishing Horizon dashboard'
+ set +x
Error when publishing Horizon dashboard.
+ exit 1
+ clean
+ set +x
To remove files generated during this script's execution, delete /root/deploy/treasuremap/../.
This VM is disposable. Re-deployment in this same VM will lead to unpredictable results.

I highlighted the first error message, where it states "services 'horizon-int' not found"

Searching that error online doesn't bring up any results. It seems that Horizon is the dashboard for monitoring the Airship deployment?

I appreciate any guidance you can offer on this. Thanks for your time.

Best,
Clay Cotton
Network Engineer, TDP
Chief Data Office & Strategic Planning