[Airship-discuss] Deprecation of airship/airship-in-a-bottle

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Wed Apr 22 17:47:11 UTC 2020

Airship community,

BLUF: we plan to retire the Airship 1.x AIAB repo, since AIAB has moved to other projects.  If there are any concerns, please reply to raise awareness.

As many of you know, migration of the airship/airship-in-a-bottle projects' contents to other repositories had been in progress for a while, and we believe that work to be complete:

  1.  Single node airship-in-a-bottle demo functionality: moved to airship/treasuremap
  2.  Multi-node "virtual seaworthy" functionality: moved to airship/treasuremap
  3.  Documentation: moved to airship/docs
  4.  Getting started documentation:  modified to point to the Treasuremap

We'd like to go ahead and retire the airship/airship-in-a-bottle repo, but wanted to make sure there are no concerns from the community first, or any known use cases that aren't accounted for outside of that repo.

If you have feedback or concerns, please reply by end of week.

PSs for retirement: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/project-config+branch:master+topic:deprecateAIAB

Thanks,
Matt