[Airship-discuss] KubeCon Amsterdam Planning

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Tue Feb 25 14:11:03 UTC 2020

Airship community,

Airship team presence at the upcoming KubeCon summit is shaping up well, and we should have good representation.  This is a key opportunity to organize a meetup so we can meet face to face and align on work-in-progress, and to deep dive into upcoming scope.

As we plan a meetup, I wanted to get some feedback on the timing.  Feedback from last time was that it was a bit tough for some folks to travel internationally a day early, and I expect that challenge to be exacerbated this time, given the number of international travelers attending.  In addition, we have more things to talk about this time!  I'd like to schedule a full day meetup, rather than a half day like we did last time.

I propose that we have an all-day Airship Meetup on either

  *   Monday (which might be a travel day for some folks?), or
  *   Thursday
... with folks stepping out if there's a talk or another event that they really must attend.  By my estimation the majority of presentations that Airshippers would be interested in are concentrated on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach; does it conflict with other plans you have?  I wanted to have some conversation here in the ML to gather good options before we put it to some kind of vote/consensus.

Thanks,
Matt