[Airship-discuss] Problems with airship-in-a-bottle install

Robby Pocase rpocase at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 15:04:23 UTC 2020

Hey Drew,

Unfortunately, I had to tear down the system and did not get an exact SHA
or get logs from the nfs-provisioner. I was not using any custom images.
That said, I was finally able to get up and running after another full
reinstall (SHA 40797b9d44d2e3ccced0ce2d31b8e2a839a34361). I have only done
limited interactions, but all the dashboards seem to be up and will give me
a chance to evaluate the system.

Just in case any one else hits this kind of issue, one problem I had
noticed before teardown was a lot of openstack components stuck in early
init phases or in ImagePullBackOff. Checking their state through `kubectl
describe pod` showed connection timeouts, TLS handshake timeouts, etc. When
trying to manually pull the images in the VM I noticed the download and
extract rate was painfully slow (and quite a bit slower than running
directly on the host). This led me down the route of looking for any
possible performance optimizations for the VM. I've attached my final
Vagrantfile and pasted my most relevant environment information below. I
continued to run the permissions monitoring script I pasted in discussion
opening as well.

vboxmanage -version
5.2.34_Ubuntur133883

vagrant version
Installed Version: 2.2.6
Latest Version: 2.2.6

You're running an up-to-date version of Vagrant!

vagrant plugin list
vagrant-disksize (0.1.3, global)
vagrant-vbguest (0.23.0, global)