[Airship-discuss] Matt McEuen nominating for the 2020 WC

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Tue Jul 21 21:47:54 UTC 2020

Airship community,

I'd like to announce my nomination for the 2020 Airship Working Committee election.

In the past year on the Working Committee, I have worked to establish the Committee as a source of progress within the Airship community, to listen to feedback from the community, and to make life for our developers as painless as possible.  I have overseen Airship's graduation to a full OpenStack Foundation project, and have played a key role in planning an organizing Airship events big and small.  I'm nominating for the upcoming term to continue this work and to ensure that we achieve our Airship 2.0 goals.

I have been working in the Airship community since its inception, in a variety of different formal and informal roles.  I have contributed to the development and design of the Airship projects, promoted and communicated the project to potential contributors and operators, and have worked closely with the OpenStack Foundation to ensure Airship is on the right path to become a full OSF project.  Prior to this, I also served as an engineer and PTL of the OpenStack-Helm project.

If elected, my goal for 2020-2021 will be to make it easier to get started with Airship, both as a developer and as an operator. This will require a focus on consumability and ease of use of the product and its manifests, as well as on documentation and clarity of work definition. I believe that both of these factors will be key to Airship's success, and has the potential to increase Airship's user base and use cases in very interesting ways.

Thank you for your consideration!
Matt McEuen