[Airship-discuss] Alex Bailey Nomination to Airship Technical Committee

BAILEY, ALEXANDER ab805p at att.com
Mon Jun 15 22:28:55 UTC 2020

Hello Airship Community,

My name is Alex Bailey, and I'd like to announce my candidacy for the Airship Technical Committee.

In 2015, I began my career working in AT&T's Cloud Engineering shop as a Scrum Master where I've had the opportunity to lead many teams with many purposes, ranging from cloud deployment automation to Openstack engineering.  In leading these teams, I've been able to work through, and observe, the challenges experienced by an enterprise grade cloud development shop that led to the creation of Airship.

In late 2018, I was presented with the opportunity to take over as Scrum Master for AT&T's Airship Scrum Team and immediately jumped on it.  My responsibilities as Scrum Master for this team initially consisted of leveraging Airship to deliver AT&T's Network Cloud at scale, but in the past six months my focus has shifted.  I'm now responsible for a team of engineers entirely dedicated to the development of Airship 2.

In my time with this team, I've seen the Airship community make great strides and significantly mature.  Due to the nature of my current position, I feel I'm in a great spot to help mature the community further and reduce some of our pain points such as the high barriers to entry in the community that I'm sure we've all experienced.  As a member of the Technical Committee, I'll work with my partners in the community and my direct scrum to form and implement solutions to our current and future challenges.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and your consideration for the position.

Regards,
Alex Bailey