[Airship-discuss] [Airship] CNTT RI1 for Airship - CAPM3 YAML

prakash RAMCHANDRAN pramchan at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 01:28:32 UTC 2020

Hi all,
CAPI is defining Bare Metal Provider  CAPM3/M3 (Metal3.io) and hence BMO object Specs as part on V1alpha3 CAPI efforts.
Refer.https://cluster-api.sigs.k8s.io/clusterctl/provider-contract.html#clusterctl-provider-contract

Next to followup on OPNFV is driving Airship 1.0 into SDV project using CNTT RI1.Refer.OPNFV SDV Approval https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/CIRV/Software+Delivery+Validation
Intern sought forhttps://wiki.lfnetworking.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/33423841
More relevant for M3 comparison of Ironic chart Object s in BMOCNTT RI1https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/blob/master/doc/ref_impl/cntt-ri/chapters/chapter03.md
Although it appeared random walks by different projects, we in YAML SIG call were over similar discussion on how to frame YAML descriptors ideally to be able to render.
Having agreed in YAML SIG call that we go top down for Site level, Let us agree to CAPM3 to provide us CNTT RI1 complaint  and negotiate with them for Basic B and Network Intensive N profiles later we can bring in Advanced A with Accelerators, storage etc. Refer to table in 3.4 for specs.

3.4 NFVI Hardware Profile.
Plus then we can adapt the CNTT state definitions borrowed from ETSI so to speak of.
Let us review this and I will ask Digambar to engage with M3 and Matt should be able to get this same from Armada to Ironic. Let's exchange emails before Monday call to bring fresh ideas to YAML SIG.
ThanksPrakash

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android