[Airship-discuss] Error status of Disks
MM9745 at att.com
Fri Mar 27 15:03:36 UTC 2020
Thanks for the update, Digambar. Is it fair to summarize it this way?
* Airship can rely on the HCC to ensure servers have the right disks (etc)
* Airship can rely on existing Ironic introspection to ensure the disks are healthy
From: Digambar Patil <digambarpat at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 4:45 AM
To: airship-discuss at lists.airshipit.org
Cc: Prakash <Prakash_Ramchandran at dell.com>; J T <J_T_Williams at dell.com>
Subject: [Airship-discuss] Error status of Disks
We had a discussion in OpenDesign meeting last thursday on bringing error states for disks and other devices so that we can label appropriate error in HOST CR.
I had done good amount of investigation on Ironic Introspection data.
After studying Ironic introsepction data, Ironic has taken care of these things already. Here is my understanding -
- If one of the disk is error state, then Ironic introsepction fails in that case or it stuck in inpecting state for long time and fails after it.
- We are pulling only BM hosts which are in READY state, so READY state comes after successful execution of Introspection state.
- Here we can consider that current hardware inventory data is suffice.
- HCC (Hardware-classifcation-controller) will perform classification and validation filter by comparing with HCC profile and label the BaremetalHost CR as BMO-OK.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Airship-discuss