[Airship-discuss] Introducing the Open Infrastructure Foundation

Ashlee Ferguson ashlee at openstack.org
Mon Oct 19 15:22:19 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

If you’re not watching the Open Infrastructure Summit keynotes right now, you just missed some big news (and it’s not too late to tune in! <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNOFfDBB0o>). Jonathan Bryce just announced the Open Infrastructure Foundation <http://openinfra.dev/> (OIF) as the successor to the OpenStack Foundation (OSF). The name change reflects all of our community’s work building open infrastructure with dozens of open source components, and we could not have done it without your help. We look forward to continuing to collaborate with you over the next decade to build open source communities that write software for production.

The Summit keynotes <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNNOFfDBB0o> are still going, so join now to hear more about this announcement and how Airship and other open source projects fit into the next decade of open infrastructure. You can also watch Matt McEuen and Jeff Collins present an update tomorrow on what the community is doing and support them in the chat as they encourage Summit attendees to participate.

And if you haven’t already, join as an individual member <http://openinfra.dev/join> so you can get involved!

Let’s get started!
Ashlee