[Airship-discuss] Kubernetes Certificates Expiring, how to renew in Airship?

Rhine, Jay (Nokia - US) jay.rhine at nokia.com
Mon Jun 14 15:57:54 UTC 2021

Hello!  I sent this after normal working hours for same last week, so I'll resend this request again ... any ideas are appreciated.

We have an airship system that we have been using, and we have noticed that many of the certificates in /etc/kubernetes will expire soon.  In particular, these certificates:

/etc/kubernetes/scheduler/scheduler.pem
/etc/kubernetes/admin/pki/admin.pem
/etc/kubernetes/controller-manager/controller-manager.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/apiserver-proxy-cert.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/apiserver.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/apiserver-both.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/etcd-client.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/kubelet-client.pem
/etc/kubernetes/pki/kubelet.pem

Is there a procedure, script, or guidance on how we can renew those certificates?  We looked around online a bit, and the generic procedures seemed to mostly refer to kubeadm, which I don't think is being used by airship.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jay

---