[Airship-discuss] Airship-in-a-bottle_Dev_Minimal_Bedhind Proxy:How to Update Site?

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Wed Dec 19 19:37:02 UTC 2018

Hi Santosh - in general, the right way to update an airship site is by:
1) supplying updated deployment manifests to Shipyard, including the change
2) calling Shipyard's update_site API

We don't have that as part of Aiship-in-a-Bottle, because AiaB is not intended to be used for "real life" sites -- it's a demo environment.

I suggest taking a look at the Treasuremap documentation [1] and example manifests [2] as a way to stand up a fully lifecycled-site.  Update_site (along with the rest of the Shipyard interface) is documented here [3] for the CLI and here [4] for the API.

1: https://airship-treasuremap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/authoring_and_deployment.html
2: https://github.com/openstack/airship-treasuremap
3: https://airship-shipyard.readthedocs.io/en/latest/CLI.html
4: https://airship-shipyard.readthedocs.io/en/latest/API.html

The latest version of Promenade provisions a Kubernetes cluster that patches for the CVE you mention.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions!
Matt