[Airship-discuss] Problem during genesis with calico-etcd-anchor and calico-etcd

James Devon jr8586335 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 17:42:08 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've managed to install many kubernetes clusters using promenade, armada.
But for some strange reasons the genesis process doesn't work in my current
environment.

The only difference with my previous environment is that the interface I'm
using is a bonded interface.

The genesis process get stucks with :

Error:  unhealthy cluster

+ date +%s

+ now=1532799485

+ [ 1532799485 -gt 1532799726 ]

+ sleep 15

+ etcdctl member list

+ grep 192.168.41.244

56c1d8d3e228b500, started, signals01, https://192.168.41.244:6667,
https://192.168.41.244:6666

+ ETCDCTL_ENDPOINTS=https://192.168.41.244:6666 etcdctl endpoint health

https://192.168.41.244:6666 is unhealthy: failed to connect: context
deadline exceeded

Error:  unhealthy cluster

+ date +%s

+ now=1532799503

+ [ 1532799503 -gt 1532799726 ]

+ sleep 15

https://pastebin.com/hHsU437T

Otherwise the other pods look fine:

NAMESPACE     NAME                                              READY
STATUS      RESTARTS   AGE

kube-system   auxiliary-etcd-signals01                          3/3
   Running
    0          37m

kube-system   bootstrap-armada-signals01                        4/4
   Running
    0          38m

kube-system   calico-etcd-anchor-5jqdk                          0/1
   Running
    0          30m

kube-system   calico-etcd-signals01                             1/1
   Running
    0          2m

kube-system   calico-kube-policy-controllers-54cd86cf9b-5hphl   1/1
   Running
    4          18m

kube-system   calico-node-82xqk                                 2/2
   Running
    1          26m

kube-system   calico-settings-v2r2w                             0/1
   Completed
  0          26m

kube-system   coredns-86d5687d78-gslbp                          1/1
   Running
    0          15m

kube-system   coredns-86d5687d78-jq2pc                          1/1
   Running
    0          15m

kube-system   haproxy-anchor-nlpc6                              1/1
   Running
    0          5m

kube-system   haproxy-signals01                                 1/1
   Running
    0          5m

kube-system   kubernetes-apiserver-signals01                    1/1
   Running
    0          37m

kube-system   kubernetes-controller-manager-signals01           1/1
   Running
    0          38m

kube-system   kubernetes-etcd-signals01                         1/1
   Running
    0          37m

kube-system   kubernetes-proxy-b9tlx                            1/1
   Running
    0          37m

kube-system   kubernetes-scheduler-signals01                    1/1
   Running
    0          38m

Do you have an idea what could be wrong?
Is it possible that bonding might have an impact?
I've spend 4 days trying to debug it but no results...

Best,
James