[Airship-discuss] Looking to integrate drydock with AWS

Roman Gorshunov paye600 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 19:31:19 UTC 2018

Hello Manoj,

Thank you for your interest in Drydock.

This is currently not supported. Drydock uses a topology definition to
configure downstream drivers (at the moment – MAAS, developed by
Canonical) to provision baremetal nodes: network attachment, network
addressing, local storage, kernel selection and configuration and
metadata.

Here is a link to the Drydock MAAS driver:
https://github.com/openstack/airship-drydock/tree/master/drydock_provisioner/drivers/node/maasdriver
. You may check the code and think of implementing similar
functionality for AWS. I hope it would help you.

Infrastructure built on AWS significantly differs from infrastructure
built on bare metal servers. AWS mostly uses pre-built OS images, and
networking concepts also differ from data center networking.

Best regards,
--
Roman Gorshunov