[Airship-discuss] airship-in-a-bottle issue

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 15:05:27 UTC 2018

Hi,

I looked around a fair bit and am not sure where to enter bugs in the
airship project. This is probably my fault...I found some items in the
stories application, but I'm not sure if that is the best place.

I tried airship-in-a-bottle this morning, but when promenade runs it fails
with a file permission error.

SNIP!
+ PORT=9000
+ UWSGI_TIMEOUT=300
+ PROMENADE_THREADS=1
+ PROMENADE_WORKERS=4
+ '[' promenade = server ']'
+ exec promenade generate-certs -o /target deployment_files.yaml
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:80:
RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.23) or chardet (3.0.4) doesn't match
a supported version!
  RequestsDependencyWarning)
Usage: promenade generate-certs [OPTIONS] [CONFIG_FILES]...

Error: Invalid value for "config_files": Could not open file:
deployment_files.yaml: Permission denied
+ cp /root/deploy/genesis/certificates.yaml
/root/deploy/airship-in-a-bottle/deployment_files/site/demo/secrets
cp: cannot stat '/root/deploy/genesis/certificates.yaml': No such file or
directory
+ error 'setting up certs with Promenade'
+ set +x
Error when setting up certs with Promenade.
+ exit 1
+ clean
+ set +x
To remove files generated during this script's execution, delete
/root/deploy.
This VM is disposable. Re-deployment in this same VM will lead to
unpredictable results.

Looks like the promenade user can't access the deployment_files.yaml file.

If I exec in to a promenade container...

promenade at acd8e1ec1b9d:/target$ cat deployment_files.yaml
cat: deployment_files.yaml: Permission denied
promenade at acd8e1ec1b9d:/target$ ls -la
total 328
drwxrwxrwx+  2 root root   4096 Oct 21 14:31 .
drwxr-xr-x+ 79 root root   4096 Oct 21 14:56 ..
-rw-------   1 root root 324269 Oct 21 14:31 deployment_files.yaml

Thanks,
Curtis