[Airship-discuss] Activating Prometheus (& other monitoring tools) for aiab

Loic Le Gal l.legal.astellia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:39:04 UTC 2019

Hi airshipers,

I'd like to add Prometheus monitoring (+fluentbit, ...) to the new
treasuremap/site/aiab;
It seems that some charts already exist but I'm not sure the integration is
finished because nothing usefull found in seaworthy site def.

Server/client labels do not exist on the Genesis node so I've added them to
site/aiab/profiles/genesis.yaml and launch again the whole genesis process
from scratch but no new pods appear. (I also tried adding
prometheus-global=true and prometheus-type=true labels)

I've already searched in Armada read-the-docs.
Even if the WIP in armada regarding automation of metrics collection is
still a WIP [1), I just want to get prometheus pods (then add grafana,
fluentbit, ...)

Do you know where I can find information to add/activate the monitoring
layer (osh-infra-monitoring) or just add a Prometheus pod ?

[1] https://review.opendev.org/#/c/668980/

BR, Loïc