[Airship-discuss] [sig][airship-bootstrap] airshipctl golang module vs. airshipctl interacting with a docker container

Roman Gorshunov paye600 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:14:57 UTC 2019

Hello team,
Hello Alan,

Following up on an Airship-bootstrap call we have had yesterday, Alan
described his alternative (lines 92-95 here
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Airship_bootstrap, search for "isogen
uses native go-lang library") which he was talking about close to the
end of the call.

I remember Alan has described this approach previously on one of
design calls, I did not forget about it and I love this solution. What
I was thinking about yesterday, was that creating a golang module for
the airshipctl would be more complicated (at least for me) than to
create a container image for a proof-of-concept stage. I'm all for not
having containerd dependency in release version of airshipctl.
I'd like to hear your feedback on this.

Alan,
What was the golang library you were talking about which could open
and amend ISO image contents?

And another question is what are the standard ISO images (esp. LiveCD)
provided by vendors which have built-in cloud-init?

Recording: https://attcorp.webex.com/attcorp/lsr.php?RCID=a05f4d1d798f40d79dfda57c9fa0e131
Recording password: HkYjdjq3
Recordings are stored on the server for 30 days only.

Best regards,
--
Roman Gorshunov