[Airship-discuss] Airship Dev Onboarding Resources

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Tue Feb 5 14:39:20 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Here are a few onboarding resources for new Airship developers I thought I'd share, in approximately the order I'd recommend reading them (but feel free to mix and match).

For all folks new to Airship, please let us know whenever the documentation isn't clear, or there's a gap.  No documentation is 100% complete, but we want to prioritize the things that are most valuable to new developers (and operators).  If you would like to contribute any updates or new documentation, it would be VERY welcome!  Note that each Airship project also has its own documentation.

Questions that come up are most welcome in the IRC channel or on the Mailing List.

Airshipit.org - the front page for all things Airship
https://www.airshipit.org/

Airship Wiki - links to stable releases, the Mailing List, weekly design call, weekly IRC meeting, etc
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Airship

Airship Treasuremap overview of the stack, with links to individual projects
https://airship-treasuremap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

The developer Getting Started guide
https://airshipit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/dev-getting-started.html

Airship-in-a-Bottle full-stack demo/dev environment (single node)
https://github.com/openstack/airship-in-a-bottle

Airskiff development environment for Airship (doesn't include bare metal provisioning or kubernetes)
https://airship-treasuremap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/airskiff.html

Airship-in-a-Bottle multinode gate script (virsh-based)
https://github.com/openstack/airship-in-a-bottle/tree/master/tools/multi_nodes_gate

Airship site authoring gudie, for when you're ready to start engineering your own site definition
https://airship-treasuremap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/authoring_and_deployment.html

Thanks,
Matt