[Airship-discuss] Airship Minimum virtualized config

Loic Le Gal l.legal.astellia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 13:51:28 UTC 2019

Hello Airshippers,

I'm trying to set up a minimal platform with Airship inside VMs (yes nested
virtualization in the air...) and I succeed to install a Genesis node on a
VM m1.xlarge (8vCPU/16GB Ram/160GB HDD) with Airship-in-a-bottle /
dev_minimal Procedure.

As no minimal config SITE is defined can someone tell me:

1. if it is possible to use other VM which are playing the role of
Controller/Worker Nodes to deploy a Site on ? That is no ILO/IDrac
capability

2. What is the strict minimum number of Nodes (1Genesis + 1 Controller + 1
Compute) and resources ?
I found these requirements
https://airship-treasuremap.readthedocs.io/en/latest/authoring_and_deployment.html?highlight=shipyard#hw-sizing-and-minimum-requirements

24 vCPU are really needed for a Controller Node or could the Genesis also
play this role ?
What is the minimum for a Compute Node out of the Application layer usage?

Thanks in advance.
BR,

Loïc