[Airship-discuss] Divingbell overrides functionality regression - Assistance needed

ANDERSON, CRAIG ca846m at att.com
Thu Feb 28 05:37:26 UTC 2019

My best guess would be a change in the Sprig library between the Helm versions. In particular, the deep merge responsible for recursively merging the dictionaries together.

Merge is called here in the gotpl:
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-helm-infra/blob/master/helm-toolkit/templates/utils/_daemonset_overrides.tpl#L52

Which calls this function defined here in Sprig library:
https://github.com/Masterminds/sprig/blob/master/dict.go#L80

Which in turn leverages another third party library:
https://github.com/imdario/mergo

I see this commit where version of mergo was updated from 0.2.2 to 0.3.7, and added a new mergeOverwrite function to Sprig:
https://github.com/Masterminds/sprig/commit/4c59c1250a68e7f7a7e48c54f68c38b5c4c26d20#diff-040def46b3be654b6673438b43faf644

My guess is that mergo library may have decided to move this override behavior into a new function (mergeOverwrite), and in the process broke backwards compatibility with the existing merge function. I would suggest trying to replace all `merge` with `mergeOverwrite` in `_daemonset_overrides.tpl` and see if this resolves the issue.

Regards,