[Airship-discuss] Voting for Airship IRC Meeting Times

MCEUEN, MATT MM9745 at att.com
Mon Jun 17 20:34:01 UTC 2019

Hi team,

As discussed in the Denver PTG, Airship has a number of contributors across Europe, Asia, and the US, and there's no single weekly meeting time that works well for everyone.  There are also different approaches that could be used to better accommodate team members in different time zones.  Let's vote as a team to get the Times/Approaches that work for the majority of contributors.

Tuesday meeting times:
- Time A: [2pm UTC] https://everytimezone.com/s/1ecfaf84
- Time B: [4pm UTC] https://everytimezone.com/s/769eb585
- Time C: [9pm UTC] https://everytimezone.com/s/c5ee2f54
- Time D: [10pm UTC] https://everytimezone.com/s/c428653b

Time B is our current meeting time.

We also have three different ways we can approach those meeting times:
- Uniform: same meeting time every week
- Alternating: switch between two different times, every other week
- Doubled: have two meetings every Tuesday on opposite ends of the day

If we did "Doubled", I would generally facilitate both meetings, along with anyone who wanted to attend both; in general team members wouldn't be expected to be at both.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Please use the following etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/airship-meeting-vote-2019
Please vote for your top five preferred meeting schedules, one per line, including a Time and an Approach.  Please include your name/nick.  Example:

example_person:
1. Time A Uniform
2. Time D Uniform
3. Time A and D Alternating
4. Time A and C Doubled
5. Time C Uniform

I will abstain from voting, do a by-hand Condorcet tally, and share the results.

Voting is open to all Airship Contributors, will conclude EOD Tuesday the 25th, so I get two shots at reminding folks in the team meetings.

Thanks!
Matt