[Airship-discuss] Fwd: OOK,Airship

Jaesuk Ahn bluejay.ahn at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 10:36:50 UTC 2019

Hi Charles,

As briefly mentioned in the previous email, SKT is running OOK in several
productions: SKT's LTE/5G NSA infrastructure for a certain VNF (Virtualized
Network Function), Private Cloud, Cloud infrastructure for VDI.

SKT started navigating OOK in late 2016 exactly because of "bumpy
experience due to issues with configuration
maintenance /upgrade". We got very lucky to work with AT&T from the
beginning both on openstack-helm and airship-armada.

SKT now has a slightly different technology set from Airship, we have
ansible+ironic+kubeadm+airship-armada+openstack-helm. You can see all the
code and information from the following link. We opened our codebase in
July (we call it "taco: skt all container openstack).
- https://github.com/openinfradev
- https://github.com/openinfradev/tacoplay

In addtion, we have a concrete plan to develop "2nd generation of ook" that
will be very similar to what Airship 2.0 look like. We will work with
Airship community on this route.

I hope it help your research on ook option. You can always ask me any
question on this topic. I will be happy to help you.

FYI, here is a presentation about what we did.
-
https://www.openstack.org/videos/summits/berlin-2018/you-can-start-small-and-grow-sk-telecoms-use-case-on-armada

Thanks!

Thanks.