[Airship-discuss] Ubuntu release

CARTER, MATTHEW mc981n at att.com
Wed Oct 16 15:08:52 UTC 2019

Hi Robson

As Matt already stated, many of the components have recently been updated to add support for 18.04. We are still early in the development process for full-fledged support of 18.04, and one of the gaps that again Matt has identified is the treasuremap repo. We hope to address that soon, as we get further along in our testing.

If you wish to attempt a deployment with 18.04, it should be possible by updating the treasuremap documents yourself and attempting a deployment using those updated docs. Outside of that, you’d also need to make sure you rebuild the MaaS images for 18.04 (see https://review.opendev.org/#/c/684138/), and use those updated images. Since we are still early in the process, we can’t guarantee there aren’t other issues with deploying 18.04.

If you do attempt a deployment please let us know how it goes! We’d be happy to help along the way, as I think it’d closely align with our efforts.

Thanks!

- Matt