[Airship-discuss] Production usage

VAN WYK, RYAN L rv6848 at att.com
Mon Sep 23 15:03:27 UTC 2019

Charles,

AT&T is using Airship to deploy and manage our Network Cloud regions. This is a very large scale deployment that is foundational to AT&T's 5G Network. For more on this:

https://about.att.com/innovationblog/2019/04/devops_and_5g_with_airship.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGWNYeDhHIw&list=PLKqaoAnDyfgp8YjZbzjVrmZBJR9thV27y&index=9&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0JQzqqJzA&list=PLKqaoAnDyfgp8YjZbzjVrmZBJR9thV27y&index=8&t=0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnF-8wXdOaY&list=PLKqaoAnDyfgp8YjZbzjVrmZBJR9thV27y&index=6&t=8s

Also SKT is using the Armada Airship project for their platform. There are others, can I cannot share those as they have no publicly talked about their use plans as yet.

Re support for Airship. I would suggest talking to SUSE (Kurt Garloff @ garloff at suse.com ) , and to Mirantis (Boris Renski @ Boris Renski brenski at mirantis.com ).

Let me know if you know any other information in helping to assess Airship. I could also arrange a deep dive of the project with some of the community leads if you would like.

Thanks,

Ryan van Wyk
Assistant Vice President (AVP) – Member of Technical Staff
Network Cloud & Infrastructure, Network Cloud Software Engineering