[Airship-discuss] Kubernetes Certificates Expiring, how to renew in Airship?

Rhine, Jay (Nokia - US) jay.rhine at nokia.com
Thu Jun 10 22:11:19 UTC 2021

Hello All!

We have an airship system that we have been using, and we have noticed that many of the certificates in /etc/kubernetes will expire soon.  In particular, these certificates:

/etc/kubernetes/scheduler/scheduler.pem
/etc/kubernetes/admin/pki/admin.pem
/etc/kubernetes/controller-manager/controller-manager.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/apiserver-proxy-cert.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/apiserver.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/apiserver-both.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/etcd-client.pem
/etc/kubernetes/apiserver/pki/kubelet-client.pem
/etc/kubernetes/pki/kubelet.pem

Is there a procedure, script, or guidance on how we can renew those certificates?  We looked around online a bit, and the generic procedures seemed to mostly refer to kubeadm, which I don't think is being used by airship.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Jay

---