[Airship-discuss] Redeploy node using armada failed

Roman Gorshunov paye600 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 17:44:08 UTC 2018

Hello James,

Thank you for trying Airship!

Our developer Bryan is currently working on a user story to make
Shipyard support a redeploy_server action that will tear down a node
and then deploy the node.

A few notes about this:
1) we're going initially for a destructive tear down, meaning that the
operator has to care for dependent workload moves and control plane
adjustments before invoking.
2) there is a longer term plan to make a graceful teardown that will
attempt to preserve the health of the control plane proactively, and
allow dependent workloads an opportunity to take action before the
teardown and redeployment.

As for right now, before this story is complete and available, any
teardown of a node would be manual, but running an update_site action
through Shipyard would trigger the steps to bring the node back in
alignment with the committed design for the site.

Best regards,
--
Roman Gorshunov