[Airship-discuss] Divestiture

Aaron Blair airshipcloud at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 05:24:05 UTC 2019

I'm trying to follow the latest progress/discussion of Airship 2.0 and
the drydock ironic integration; is it best to join the open design
discussions (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Airship_OpenDesignDiscussions)
or another method?

Based on some of the comments from the drydock and standalone ironic
integration (
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/613358/4/specs/approved/drydock_ironic_integration.rst),
it seems at least some folks are partially aware of Bifrost; when using
Kolla-Ansible for Bifrost (
https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/deployment-and-bootstrapping/bifrost.html),
you have options for an automated deployment of a single docker container
with:
- standalone ironic (conductor and inspector)
- keystone
- dnsmasq for dhcp/tftp which supports pxe/ipxe deployments and uefi/bios
boot modes
- Nginx which masquerades as an unauthenticated 'Swift' object storage
service for Inspector and hosts images for ipxe over http

I currently have containerized Biforst deployed in this manner with an
inventory of 8 baremetal nodes with which I would like to deploy
treasuremap/seaworthy.

Thanks,
Aaron