[Airship-discuss] Let's name the Airship GUI
MM9745 at att.com
Mon Aug 26 19:47:10 UTC 2019
I wanted to make sure folks are aware of our airship GUI direction and hopefully get a little bit of brainstorming as well...
1. As agreed last week in the IRC meeting, we'll be creating a new Airship project to host a GUI
2. The Airship-UI SIG has agreed that it will be begin from the current codebase: https://github.com/SUSE/stratos
3. I've forked the repo and pruned down to a single master branch (f.k.a. v2-master) to import into opendev: https://github.com/mattmceuen/stratos
We'd discussed calling the new project "airshipui", and I'm fine with using that (or keeping "stratos" if appropriate). However, as Airship has a long tradition of fun, nautical names, I wanted to open it up for brainstorming!
If you have an idea for a good nautical project name for the Airship GUI please respond in the mailing list before the IRC team meeting on 9/3.
If there's no clear winner already, we can discuss & vote in the IRC meeting.
Let's target getting the PS submitted ASAP after that so we can review the new project on the 9/6 Airship-UI SIG meeting.
Note: I'll be on vacation 8/28-9/5, so I'd appreciate it if a volunteer (especially someone with an interest in the UI project) could put in the patchset to import the project into opendev. It can be modeled closely after this one:
- Use the https://github.com/mattmceuen/stratos repo as the upstream in the projects.yaml
- Everything else should be a basic search and replace of "kubernetes-entrypoint" -> "<new project name>"
- Don't forget to set the Topic to "new-project", as per the OpenStack Project Creator's Guide
If you'd like to volunteer please reply to the ML.
More information about the Airship-discuss