[Airship-discuss] airship-in-a-bottle: deployment fails with exited airflow containers

Drew Walters drewwalters96 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:31:06 UTC 2019

On Jan 16, 2019, at 5:42 AM, Nikos Karandreas <nick at intracom-telecom.com> wrote:

> Hi Kaspars,
>
> I got a successful installation of Airship-in-a-Bottle!
>
> I deselected “Virtual Machine host” in “Software selection” menu during Ubuntu installation
> (leaving only “standard system utilities” and “OpenSSH server”).
>
> I also stepped the VM from 8vCPU to 12vCPU, but I don’t think that this was the crucial element.
>
> Thank you and everybody, a lot for the help and support.
> Nikos
>

> PS. As info piece, the log command for the failing pod returned:
> root at air1:~# kubectl logs -n openstack libvirt-hxzln
> Error from server (NotFound): pods "libvirt-hxzln" not found
>
> although the pod still appeared in the get pods command.

Nikos,

Glad to hear everything is operating with good success! I assume you are unable to get the logs of the libvirt pod because the failing pod has already been cleaned up.

I can’t comment on the correlation between libvirt packages on the host VM and failing libvirt pods, but maybe someone else has some insight here. If you run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Best,
Drew