[Airship-discuss] Announcing My Nomination for the 2020 Airship Working Committee
THYAGARAJ, DIWAKAR CHITOOR
dt241s at att.com
Thu Jul 23 13:35:11 UTC 2020
From: WALTERS, ANDREW <aw442m at att.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:13 PM
To: airship-discuss at lists.airshipit.org
Cc: BAILEY, ALEXANDER <ab805p at att.com>; jtwill98 at yahoo.com; Alexey Odinokov <aodinokov at mirantis.com>; alexander.hughes at pm.me; kire at kth.se
Subject: [Airship-discuss] Announcing My Nomination for the 2020 Airship Working Committee
*** Security Advisory: This Message Originated Outside of AT&T ***.
Reference http://cso.att.com/EmailSecurity/IDSP.html for more information.
Greetings Airship community!
My name is Drew Walters, and I am excited to announce my self-nomination for
re-election to the Airship Working Committee.
It has been my pleasure to serve the community as a member of the Airship
Working Committee this past year. During the last year, I have had the
privilege of working with the rest of the committee, as well as the Technical
- Establish the Airship Vulnerability Management Process 
- Improve the developer workflow by configuring GitHub issues
- Improve the visibility and accessibility of our documentation by migrating it
from ReadtheDocs to docs.airshipit.org 
- Reduce the Airship 1 review time by reuniting the Airship 1 core teams
- Host our weekly IRC meetings
- Ensure that Airship continues to mature and remain accessible to interested
- Serve as an ambassador to the OpenStack Foundation
While we have seen many improvements over the last year, I identify several new
challenges ahead of us.
1. As Airship 2 matures from beta to full release, the Working Committee needs
to identify places where Airship is not approachable by surveying new adopters.
2. GitHub issue controls (e.g. closing, labeling, and assigning issues) need to
be accessible to Airship developers.
3. The Working Committee needs to assist the community in finding additional
ways to improve the reliability of our continuous-integration systems.
4. The Working Committee must continue to survey developers, operators, and
core reviewers to identify areas where we can simplify our obligations.
Core reviewers, I am asking you for the opportunity to address these challenges
and to ensure the continued smooth operation of the Airship project over the
next year. Thank you for your consideration this election!
Airship-discuss mailing list
Airship-discuss at lists.airshipit.org
More information about the Airship-discuss