[Airship-discuss] Failing airship/deckhand zuul post jobs

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed Sep 8 16:25:45 UTC 2021

Hello,

I noticed this morning that there are a number of failing Zuul post jobs for airship/deckhand merges. You can see them at: https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/builds?project=airship%2Fdeckhand&pipeline=post

The first issue appears to be that the image build playbooks install python's docker package which depends on requests but that module isn't installed [0][1]. I suspect that this playbook needs the docker_login dependencies installed before it will function.

In the publish jobs Ansible complains about a recursive loop in a template string [2] I think because the line causing this refers to itself [3]? I assume this can be corrected by changing the name of this variable or letting it pass through directly?

I thought I would call these out as post job failures tend to be easy to miss if you aren't looking for them. As a side note we've got a set of jobs that aim to do the build, publish, tag workflow for docker images as their associated changes work through check then gate then post merge activities. They are documented at: https://docs.opendev.org/opendev/base-jobs/latest/docker-image.html

[0] https://opendev.org/airship/deckhand/src/branch/master/tools/gate/playbooks/docker-image-build.yaml#L54-L57
[1] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/79683c952fd2444f905326bc6992416e/console#1/0/12/primary
[2] https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/0398371b923449a4bc2889df56114ee7/console#1/0/1/localhost
[3] https://opendev.org/airship/deckhand/src/branch/master/tools/gate/playbooks/docker-image-tag.yaml#L19